Botox® for Fine Lines, Wrinkles, and Facial Pain
- Thursday, 29 August 2019 20:06
Some may find it surprising that dental professionals are using Botox® not only for cosmetic purposes but also for treating facial pain. This popular product, when injected just below the skin, temporarily limits movement in facial muscles, reducing muscle spasms in and around the neck and eyes. An estimated 16% of North American dentists now use Botulinum toxin in their practices for both cosmetic and therapeutic purposes.
Are you a teeth grinder? Maybe you clench your jaw or experience chronic TMJ pain? Well, Botox® injections may be just the thing to help alleviate these ails. It works as a muscle relaxant, and can actually last for as long as 3 to 4 months. Here at Ocoee Oral Surgery, we recognize the potential for this product to really improve quality of life for our Cleveland area patients.
Another application for this treatment is migraines. Those who experience these intense and sometimes debilitating headaches know that when one hits, they would try almost anything to make it stop. In this case, Botox® injections may be exactly what the doctor (ahem, dentist) ordered.
According to the Botox® official treatment site, this treatment was the first FDA-approved preventative Chronic Migraine treatment, preventing these monstrous headaches before they even start. Here are the facts: 3 million Botox® treatments have been administered to over 500,000 patients with Chronic Migraines since the FDA approval in 2010. One treatment session in your dentist’s office about every 12 weeks can dramatically decrease the effects of migraines. Injections only take about 15 minutes to administer, 3 to 5 days to take full effect and can provide weeks and weeks of pain relief.
Whether you seek to reduce the appearance of aging or help to manage pain from headaches, TMJ disorders, or excessive teeth grinding/bruxism, your providers at Cleveland, TN’s Ocoee Oral Surgery are here to help. Get in touch today with any questions about how the use of Botox® can deliver on all these fronts. We would love for you to better get to know our surgeons, as well as take a look at what some of our patients have to say about their experiences with us. And reach out to set up a consultation with our incredible staff today!
Dermal Fillers vs Botox
- Tuesday, 25 April 2017 22:07
Did you know? After the age of twenty, we produce one percent less collagen in the skin with every passing year. As a result, the skin often loses volume and becomes thinner with age, which creates those pesky fine lines and wrinkles. While products and anti-aging creams provide vitamins and moisture to the skin, they will not reverse the natural effects of intrinsic and extrinsic aging. However, cosmetic treatments, such as Botox and dermal fillers can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while restoring a healthy complexion.
This is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure which temporarily creates lift while also reducing facial wrinkles, frown lines, smile lines and other facial creases.
- How it works: Botox will essentially freeze the facial muscles by blocking wrinkle inducing muscle movement with neurotoxins, giving the skin a rejuvenated, youthful appearance.
- Uses: While Botox offers a bevy of cosmetic benefits, the injections can also be greatly effective in reducing extreme headaches, muscle spasms, overactive sweat and prostate gland. (I am unclear on how the prostate gland ties in here- does it reduce the size?)
For most, the temporary effects of Botox often lasts for only 3-4 months, and can often take several days to a week to see end results. While lines and wrinkles should improve, Botox may not remove all facial imperfection.
This is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that can improve the appearance of deep lines resulting in a smooth, more youthful facial appearance.
- How it works: This natural or synthetic injectable is used to fill trouble spots with collagen. This reduces facial lines by restoring lost volume and fullness in areas of the face, beyond what skincare products can do.
- Uses: A boost of collagen can enhance a number of things including: plump thinning lips, non-surgical chin augmentation, augment shallow temples and contours, soften facial and neck creases, improve the appearance of acne scars, and so many more!
With immediate results, lines and wrinkles should instantly improve. For most, the longer-lasting effect of dermal fillers can last from 3 months to two years.
Botox is best if you wish to isolate dynamic wrinkles. These wrinkles often occur in motion or during expression. Most commonly, they lie on the forehead and around the eyebrows. Dermal fillers are ideal for augmenting static wrinkles that are visible when relaxed. Most commonly around the cheek bones or temples.
Knowing the difference between Botox and dermal fillers, how they work, and their effects is critical before seeking treatment. Since these injections differs, many people choose to get both Botox and dermal fillers. This effective combination often produces a bright, lifted, and more youthful complexion.
If you are considering cosmetic injections in Cleveland, TN look no further than Ocoee Oral Surgery. Call us to schedule your next cosmetic consultation today!
Benefits of Botox
- Thursday, 22 September 2016 17:21
Along with aging come lines and wrinkles. Botox Cosmetic treatments diminish their appearance while enhancing your overall complexion. Not only does the minimally invasive procedure help reduce wrinkles in the neck, forehead and around the mouth, but it has several other proven benefits.
- Botox is a highly effective treatment for the treatment of migraine headaches. While the exact reasoning behind it are unclear, the drug blocks the sensory nerves that project pain messages to the brain and relaxes the muscles.
- Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweat can also be treated with Botox. The injections can balance the problem and treat the condition for several months at a time.
- By reducing the size of the prostate gland, Botox can provide relief from frequent urination and urinary tract infections in men. Since the gland size shrinks, the flow of urine is improved.
- Brow lifts are another common benefit to Botox. The treatment can give you a more youthful appearance.
These are just a few benefits of Botox cosmetic injections. If you are considering Botox in Cleveland, TN look no further than Ocoee Oral Surgery.